Nuffnang ad

Monday 3 September 2012

Brief update on the month gone by

Not much action from me last month.

Made some $$ from the sale of Popular on Thursday before Jackson Hole. (Bought 22.5c and sold 23.5c)
I tried to queue to buy back at 23c but no luck getting any

Also managed to get some small lunch money from small short positions on CityDev and SembCorp (lasting about 1-2days on average).

I had managed to long Las Vegas Sands on 14th Aug, at $38.95 as I was sensing a move upwards. However, I got anxious and sold at $39.30 with small profit after commission. The stock eventually went up to as high as $43.87.. damn... :(

All part of the learning process I guess. Just shows I'm on the right track with my TA and I just gotta have more confidence in myself.

However, not all trades were rosy. I got impulsive when I heard ABR was giving 30c and went to hoot at a high of 98c matched at opening. I had tried to cancel my order before but I somehow entered the wrong password the first time around and when I was re-entering, my order was matched. Anyway, I have seen the financials of the company and believe it is strong just that there's no liquidity. Guess I'll be sitting on this for sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment