Nuffnang ad

Saturday 10 March 2012

Update DOW and DAX

I decided to post the DAX (German) chart to show how similar the drops were last week.


DAX dropped to 6612 and retraced back to the 23.6% mark. This is much stronger than the DOW as well as STI. The DAX tends to move thick and fast and it shows here. Look at the high it on 21st Feb. Dow only hit it's high on the 29th (this coincides with DAX 2nd lower high). I deduced that DAX tends to move on European news much stronger, especially these few days.

I went to dig why DAX managed to hit a high on 21st and this was the headline news on Reuters. "Europe seals new Greek bailout but doubts remain". 
Immediate resistance ahead at 6883 with support at 6831 which is also the 20ma.



Dow dipped in the last hour back to below the 38.2% zone. Current support is the blue 14 ema line.
My friend drew an S&P 500 line and it has actually broken down below the trendline on tuesday. Friday it backtested the line and pullback. This makes friday a potential evening star but this needs confirmation.
For Dow, the main support for the bull trend since October is the blue line show there. I circled with the red dot on where it must bounce for the bull to stay alive. that's the 12803 on Monday and moves higher each passing day.

I shorted Dow just before closing but this is a very small position, with my stop at above 13060 actually. (gave more leeway). I'm looking for the move to break the supports.

Trade safe everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment