I got hit big time today due to Wilmar's poor results.
Had vested 2 lots at 4.915 average and it closed 4.26 today.
It had looked to be on a rebound until the economical news around the world, took its toil.
Zhun zhun hit the bottom of the weekly chart... but the week aint over as we still have tomorrow...
I guess I really should have thrown when 4.73 broke yesterday.. sigh... looks like I will have to baby sit this baby or at least sell half on the bounce.
Extra: I just noticed that before results in the past, if the results were going to be bad, the selling would have started 2-3 days before and generally there would have been a gap down the day before. Just something to note and might be useful in the future.
A humble student of the STI market. Disclaimer: The postings on this blog are personal views and are in no way an inducement to buy or sell. Before acting on any information on this blog, you are advised to consult your professional advisors.
Nuffnang ad
Thursday, 10 May 2012
Wednesday, 9 May 2012
DJI and S&P update
Both look like similiar DNA.... Dow must close above 12800 and S&P must close above 1345. If not, it may be a time to favour the dormant bears.
Monday, 7 May 2012
some updates as requested by friends
F&N. I sold out my position at 7.11 and it went to close 7.17 on Wednesday. However, the candle on Thursday and Friday look toppish but they are low in volume which makes it slightly more unreliable. $7 will be crucial. A close below it will it test supports at the rising MA lines with stronger support at 6.85. First support is around 6.95 after break.
SSE looks like an inverted head and shoulders. Wonder if it will really form or will it be a false breakup...
Dow Jones is at 20ma support. If 13000 can't hold, next support around 12800 which happens also to be the 100ma line. If it is a double top breakdown, ie break 12700... we are seeing a potential drop to 12100-12200 where 200MA is.
Other news: Hollande just won the French election. Wonder if the market has already factored this in as suggested by some analysts.
UOB: Based on daily chart, it seems to have turned down. Weekly chart candle looks toppish which requires confirmation. I was told XD is today (Monday) of 40c and with a gap down of 40c, it will open at 18.60 which happens to be the 20MA line. The dvd will throw my charts off, so trade carefully.
Mid term wise, it still is bullish with first support around 18.26. Trade safe
Dow Jones is at 20ma support. If 13000 can't hold, next support around 12800 which happens also to be the 100ma line. If it is a double top breakdown, ie break 12700... we are seeing a potential drop to 12100-12200 where 200MA is.
Other news: Hollande just won the French election. Wonder if the market has already factored this in as suggested by some analysts.
Wednesday, 2 May 2012
A couple other charts with limited comments
GoldenAgri.... to think I shorted at 79c (posted earlier in Apr) and went to cover at a loss of 79.5c (for fear of bumi agri's ipo pushing this above the upper channel). It has subsequently hit my target of the lower trendline... what a miss
NOL: Rebound off 61.8% fibo. However, this weekly chart is about to show the cross over of the 13w and 26w EMA . There maybe further downside, I don't expect 1.195 to hold for long.
Note the bearish divergence of the force index earlier.
Noble: Resting on the 78.6% fibo... Close to the black support trendline (around 1.16).
Trade with care on both directions.
Ramba: Broke down the lower support line.. looks very bad... MACD opening up..
Yanlord: I got conned by break up earlier and bought at 1.255 and 1.26. Ended up I sold at 1.215 earlier and 1.155 (on Monday). Only after I sold, then I realised Aberdeen bought at 1.18.. Thus, it did rebound on Monday. However, it's still not looking that good since the trendlines look to be acting at resistance now.
NOL: Rebound off 61.8% fibo. However, this weekly chart is about to show the cross over of the 13w and 26w EMA . There maybe further downside, I don't expect 1.195 to hold for long.
Note the bearish divergence of the force index earlier.
Noble: Resting on the 78.6% fibo... Close to the black support trendline (around 1.16).
Trade with care on both directions.
Ramba: Broke down the lower support line.. looks very bad... MACD opening up..
Yanlord: I got conned by break up earlier and bought at 1.255 and 1.26. Ended up I sold at 1.215 earlier and 1.155 (on Monday). Only after I sold, then I realised Aberdeen bought at 1.18.. Thus, it did rebound on Monday. However, it's still not looking that good since the trendlines look to be acting at resistance now.
Some updates on F&N and UOB
F&N, the stock that I bought at closing when it broke above $7. (bought at 7.06)
The next day, I didn't match out at open (which on hindsight could have resulted in a nice profit of 10c).
Still, it's not uncommon for ascending triangle breakouts to retest the former resistance turned support. In this case, it has managed to close above $7 on both days. $6.99 was touched but probably by those having a stop loss when $7 broke.
I'm still in this, and I'm still looking for a strong move up. MACD still looking positive. Theoretical target is $8 but in this economic day and age, one must be nimble when weakness is seen. I'm ignoring the over sold stocs and RSI as this is a trending stock...
UOB: I had suggested on the day I bought F&N that an ascending triangle looked like forming. And this really came through (crap... went for the wrong stock). End up, I missed buying at around opening time and it flew off. I didn't chase as I had F&N already and thus, opportunity was lost. It climbed a brilliant 60c from breakout point. However, XD is coming with 40c dividends on 7th May.
Theoretical target was 19.80.. which leaves only about 50-60c upside...
Trade at your own risk
The next day, I didn't match out at open (which on hindsight could have resulted in a nice profit of 10c).
Still, it's not uncommon for ascending triangle breakouts to retest the former resistance turned support. In this case, it has managed to close above $7 on both days. $6.99 was touched but probably by those having a stop loss when $7 broke.
I'm still in this, and I'm still looking for a strong move up. MACD still looking positive. Theoretical target is $8 but in this economic day and age, one must be nimble when weakness is seen. I'm ignoring the over sold stocs and RSI as this is a trending stock...
UOB: I had suggested on the day I bought F&N that an ascending triangle looked like forming. And this really came through (crap... went for the wrong stock). End up, I missed buying at around opening time and it flew off. I didn't chase as I had F&N already and thus, opportunity was lost. It climbed a brilliant 60c from breakout point. However, XD is coming with 40c dividends on 7th May.
Theoretical target was 19.80.. which leaves only about 50-60c upside...
Trade at your own risk
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)


















