Nuffnang ad

Saturday 18 February 2012

An opening introduction

Let me introduce myself.

I'm a Singaporean, with a degree in accountancy, who was introduced into the stock market in late 2010. I was actually interested in the 2 main IPOs at that time. GLP and MIT. They gave me fine profits on my first trades even though I only got 1 lot each at IPO. What a way Mr Market does to entiice me to "join the party". As a result, I got interested in stocks. My gf's influence as a mid to long term investor also caught on to me during that period. I decided I wanted to grow my monies through other income apart from my salary.

I was subsequently introduce to my present broker through a friend and I started to learn more about the markets. I also began reading up on the different aspects of trading. Since I am accounts trained, I had the tendency to look at the company's accounts and based my trades on Fundamental Analysis (FA). However, I soon learned about Technical Analysis (TA) and all the support/resistance stuff. I began reading up and learning from forums on how to apply TA. Subsequently I learn about japanese candlesticks as well.

I must say that my 1 year odd of trading is in general, a negative returns investment. But I have learned along the way, experience how markets react on news and how markets react to natural disasters (Japan earthquake) during and after. I also had the "luxury" to experience the Euro Debt crisis as well as the American credit downgrade. I believe being part of all these difficult trading times, will help me in my growth to be better trader in the future. My broker said that I was lucky to experience this turmoil year when I just started out. And if I had started investing earlier in the bull run from 2009, I wouldn't have known how to react when markets turn choppy or turn down.

As such, I'm starting this blog to blog some charts as well as occasional interesting comments I come across in forums and news websites. Hopefully, we are all able to learn together as aim to be a better chartist.


No comments:

Post a Comment